Expanding your options for education funding.
When you’re facing a gap between the cost of higher education and the total of your financial aid and federal loans, a private student loan can be the answer to your needs.
The Smart Option Student Loan® by Sallie Mae® is available for borrowers attending degree-granting institutions. You can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options and competitive interest rates! This loan is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans.
The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits:
- Multiple in-school repayment options plus a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates, providing more flexibility
- No origination fee and no prepayment penalty
- Benefits and an interest rate reduction available
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify
- 100% US-based Student Loan Specialists
To learn more, or get started with your application, visit our Smart Option site.
Private student loans should be used as supplemental funding after exhausting all sources of financial aid, including grants, scholarships, and federal student loans. Federal loans offer more attractive terms when compared to most other borrowing options, including private student loans. For more information on federal loans, visit http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.